[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 11, Number 37 (7-2017) ::
jwmseir 2017, 11(37): 13-23 Back to browse issues page
A Semi-Automated Object-Based Model for Producing Landslide Inventory Map (Case Study: Vazroud Watershed)
Mrs Samaneh Razavizadeh , Prof Karim Solaimani, Prof Ataollah Kavian
Abstract:   (752 Views)

The first step in the study of landslide susceptibility and hazard is to produce a landslide inventory map. The usual methods of landslide mapping include field investigations, combined with visual interpretation of aerial photographs. Modern and newfangled remote sensing techniques, using satellite images, causes in facilitating of landslide mapping and reduce the required time. In this study a semi-automatic model based on object oriented analysis was developed in eCognition software to identify landslides at the central part of the Albourz Mountains in Vazroud watershed. A total of 105 landslide events were detected within the study area using documentation from previous research, interpretation of aerial photographs and visual inspection of the Google Earth images. 70% (74 points) of detected landslides were randomly selected for training, and the remaining 30% (31 points) cases were used for test. The model was developed based on spatial, spectral and geometry characteristics of training landslides as well as thematic maps of the study area. Results showed the model accuracy of 74.19% in the detection of test landslides. Also the accuracy of 41.28% was achieved in detection of the extent of landslides which in the condition of using high-resolution images, would be improved.

Keywords: Landslide, Object-oriented analysis, eCognition software
Full-Text [PDF 2350 kb]   (203 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Special
Received: 2015/06/19 | Accepted: 2017/04/10 | Published: 2017/06/28
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or email:

Write the security code in the box >



XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Razavizadeh S, Solaimani K, Kavian A. A Semi-Automated Object-Based Model for Producing Landslide Inventory Map (Case Study: Vazroud Watershed). jwmseir. 2017; 11 (37) :13-23
URL: http://jwmsei.ir/article-1-482-en.html
Volume 11, Number 37 (7-2017) Back to browse issues page
مجله علوم ومهندسی آبخیزداری ایران Iranian Journal of Watershed Management Science and Engineering
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.049 seconds with 794 queries by yektaweb 3503